- Demonstrates real BMD increases, averaging 2.18% (annualized)
- 216 Men and Women
- Six Months
Ship Free to Practice or Patient
Money Back Guarantee
Our most advanced multi-nutrient formula is recommended for patients experiencing bone loss or at greater risk. In clinical studies, this formulation provided the greatest increase in bone mineral density (BMD).
- Supported to increase BMD in 3 published clinical studies
- Formulated with our exclusive South American red algae, naturally rich in calcium and 12 other bone-essential minerals (including copper, manganese, silicon, nickel, selenium, strontium, phosphorus, potassium, vanadium, and zinc)
- Fortified with vitamin D3, vitamin K2 (as K2VITAL® MK-7), magnesium, boron, and vitamin C in amounts based on the most effective treatment groups
- Provides for year-over-year BMD increases (1% each year) over 7 years with no evidence of diminished efficacy, per our latest study
- Patient results are guaranteed when used per protocol with Strontium Boost.
- Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 2 Capsules
Servings Per Container: 60
Recommended Dose: Four capsules daily (2 with breakfast and 2 with dinner)
Amount Per Serving
- Calcium (as AlgaeCal® L. superpositum): 360 mg
- Magnesium (as Magnesium Oxide and AlgaeCal® L. superpositum): 175 mg
- Vitamin D3 (as Cholecalciferol): 20 mcg (800 IU)
- Boron (as Boron Glycinate): 1.5 mg
- Vitamin K (as K2VITAL® MK-7): 50 mcg
- Vitamin C (as Calcium Ascorbate): 25 mg
- SUGGESTED USE AND CAUTIONS
Suggested Use: To increase bone density and maintain musculoskeletal health by providing highly absorbable, algae-based calcium, magnesium, and trace minerals. Includes added minerals (boron, magnesium) and vitamins (C, D3, K2) to improve the absorption of calcium and its incorporation into bones rather than arteries or soft tissue.
Recommended Dose: Two capsules with breakfast and dinner (4 capsules daily). Recommended to be used with Strontium Boost, which promotes bone formation, increases calcium absorption, and reduces fracture risk. Adult use only.
Potential Interactions: Take calcium supplements at least 3 hours apart from the following: quinolone antibiotics and other antibiotics; some heart medications; thyroid medications; water pills; iron supplements; and strontium supplements. In some cases, calcium reduces the effectiveness or required dose for certain medications.
Cautions: Those taking anticoagulant drugs, such as Coumadin (warfarin) should avoid supplements containing vitamin K (including the K2VITAL® MK-7 in AlgaeCal Plus). Vitamin K is compatible with newer classes of anticoagulants, such as Factor Xa inhibitors or direct thrombin inhibitors. Those who are pregnant or lactating, have a medical condition, or are taking any medication should consult a health care professional.
This product is non-GMO and free from gluten. wheat. soy, and dairy.
AlgaeCal products work, learn the latest bone-health research, or get help ordering
Discover how so you can support your patients. Schedule a free one-on-one training session with one of our consultants.
Unlike rock-based calcium, L. superpositum naturally contains a full spectrum of minerals that bones need, in a whole-food form that’s highly bioavailable.
AlgaeCal naturally contains 13 critical bone-building minerals, including several trace elements absent from the typical diet. We add extra boron and magnesium for an ideal balance.
Building on our whole-food formula, we fortify it with vitamin D3 to improve calcium absorption and K2 (MK-7 form) to help direct the calcium to bones and away from soft tissue. The current formula, which also includes vitamin C, is based on the best-performing test groups in clinical studies.
Many studies questioning calcium safety ignore the need for these supporting vitamins and use mega calcium doses. AlgaeCal provides just 720 mg calcium, accounting for normal dietary intake. Plus, we balance the formula with added magnesium to prevent constipation. In all three clinical studies, AlgaeCal was not associated with adverse health effects.