- Demonstrates real BMD increases, averaging 2.18% (annualized)
- 216 Men and Women
- Six Months
Ship Free to Practice or Patient
Money Back Guarantee
Our original formula helps maintain musculoskeletal health by providing highly absorbable, algae-based calcium, magnesium, and trace minerals, along with added vitamin D3 to improve calcium absorption.
- Formulated from our exclusive red algae (Lithothamnion superpositum) sustainably harvested off the coast of South America.
- Provides 750 mg of plant-based calcium and 65 mg of naturally occurring magnesium per dose.
- Naturally contains 13 bone-essential trace minerals, including boron, copper, manganese, silicon, nickel, selenium, strontium, phosphorus, potassium, vanadium, and zinc.
- Fortified with 1000 IU (25 mcg) of vitamin D3 per dose.
- Does not contain vitamin K2, making it suitable for adults taking the older class of anticoagulants.
- Clinically shown to provide BMD increases over baseline. While women over 40 typically lose 1% bone density per year, subjects taking AlgaeCal have demonstrated BMD increases of 1.3%. (Our AlgaeCal Plus formula in conjunction with Strontium Boost provided even greater increases.)
- AlgaeCal powder is tested for heavy metals, and every product batch is 3rd-party tested to verify nutrient label claims and ensure microbial safety.
- The raw algae (Lithothamnion superpositum) is USDA certified organic and certified kosher, though the final product is not.
- Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 3 Capsules
Servings Per Container: 30
Recommended Dose: Three capsules, one with each meal.
- Vitamin D (as Cholecalciferol) 25 mcg (1000 IU)
- Calcium (as AlgaeCal® L. superpositum) 750 mg
- Magnesium 15 mg (as Magnesium Oxide and AlgaeCal® L. superpositum)
- SUGGESTED USE AND CAUTIONS
Suggested Use: To increase bone density and maintain musculoskeletal health by providing highly absorbable, algae-based calcium, magnesium, and trace minerals, along with added vitamin D3 to improve calcium absorption.
Recommended Dose: As a dietary supplement, take 3 capsules daily with food. Taking calcium with meals improves absorption.
Potential Interactions: Take calcium supplements at least 3 hours apart from the following: quinolone antibiotics and other antibiotics; some heart medications; thyroid medications: water pills; iron supplements; and strontium supplements. In some cases, calcium reduces the effectiveness or required dose for certain medications.
Cautions: Those who are pregnant or lactating, have a medical condition, or are taking any medication should consult a health care professional prior to use to avoid possible interactions. Keep out of reach of children.
This product is non-GMO and free from gluten, wheat, dairy, and soy.
AlgaeCal products work, learn the latest bone-health research, or get help ordering
Discover how so you can support your patients. Schedule a free one-on-one training session with one of our consultants.
Unlike rock-based calcium, L. superpositum naturally contains a full spectrum of minerals that bones need, in a whole-food form that’s highly bioavailable.
AlgaeCal naturally contains 13 critical bone-building minerals, including several trace elements absent from the typical diet. We add extra boron and magnesium for an ideal balance.
Building on our whole-food formula, we fortify it with vitamin D3 to improve calcium absorption and K2 (MK-7 form) to help direct the calcium to bones and away from soft tissue. The current formula, which also includes vitamin C, is based on the best-performing test groups in clinical studies.
Many studies questioning calcium safety ignore the need for these supporting vitamins and use mega calcium doses. AlgaeCal provides just 720 mg calcium, accounting for normal dietary intake. Plus, we balance the formula with added magnesium to prevent constipation. In all three clinical studies, AlgaeCal was not associated with adverse health effects.